Knit the City & Wightaway bring you the UK’s First Ever Yarnstorming Bootcamp - a Fluffy Fest of Sneaky Stitching, Graffiti Knitting and Woolly Mayhem of a Crochet Kind -
in Ventnor, Isle of Wight October 19/20/21 2012
The weekend includes:
* Passenger ferry travel to and from the Isle of Wight via Portsmouth,
Southampton or Lymington.
* Transport to & from accommodation in Ventnor & during stay
(including brief tour of local interesting bits).
* Accommodation at Ocean View Cottage (self-catering - breakfast hamper supplied)
or Pine Point Bed & Breakfast, which is also the YEA! (Yarnstorm Educational Academy) HQ for the duration.
* All meals from Fri dinner to Sun lunch, to include: Buffet breakfasts; a slap
up fish supper; as many local produce stuffed sandwiches & cakes as you can
handle, (washed down with lashings of ginger beer and/or cider) and the
Yarnstormers Last Supper at one of the oldest pubs on the island.
Deadly KnitShade & The Fastener from the UK's most infamous graffiti knitting collective Knit the City will orchestrate:
* 3 workshops
* 1 escorted recce around Ventnor
* 1 personal shopping evening (to include mega-stocked local haberdashery)
* 2 Yarnstorms (1 solo & 1 group)
* A graduation ceremony with official group photo, badge, certificate & goodie bag.
All basic materials - yarn, needles, felt, buttons, stuffing etc etc will be provided. Please do bring any projects you are already working on or anything exotic you may like to use.
The extensive crafty library and sample stash at YEA! (including classic toys made by maestro knitter Alan Dart – Wombles, Clangers, Wallace & Gromit et al) will be available for reference throughout the weekend.
The cost? A mere £395!
(Both car ferry & single room occupancy supplements available)
(50% payable now, balance 6 weeks prior to camp)
Book now - places limited
A basic knowledge of knitting and/or crochet will be necessary to get the
most out of the bootcamp but experts will be on hand.